A service specifically for individuals wanting to develop and enhance their own management capabilities to be able to advance in the labour market through promotion or seeking higher-level opportunities elsewhere. [This facility is also available to companies who might require such training inputs and support for key individuals or small teams as part of a Professional Development Programme.] This may involve:-
- Working with you on your cv and covering letter design, development and production for the global Anglophone market.
- Interview strategy development and rehearsal
- Development of higher-level capability in English applied to your particular business context, projects and priorities
- Development and enhancement of presentation, negotiation, strategic management and relationship-building skills
- Coaching, mentoring and advisory service – support and expertise from ‘outside’ the corporate ‘box’.
- English language and inter-cultural capability training to enable managers to apply and capitalise upon their existing language fluency in English in situations such as:
- Multi-cultural team participation and leadership
- Written and oral presentations in English
- Relationship-building and negotiation
- Adapting to life and work in the Anglophone world.
Recently I have found myself working with:
- a manager seeking a career-change, preparing cvs and covering letters in English for multinational corporations where the working language is English. This also incorporated the development of interview strategies and repeated rehearsal against the particular requirements of Job Descriptions and Person Specifications.
- a junior manager seeking a significant promotion who needed both to hone his English and to sharpen some aspects of his management capability.
- a leisure service manager and successful French actor needing support to take up the challenge of a TV series anda significant part in improvisational comedy play where he will need to think, speak, act and react in English and within a distinctively English context.
These are, as you will see, each very different situations with very different requirements which lie beyond the realm of Management or English textbooks. This is where Tonyversity experience ‘scores’ in being able to tailor things very much to client requirements.